Search site

Disabled Facilities Grants

Form filling  Are you, or is someone living in your property registered or registerable as disabled?  If so you may qualify for a Disabled Facilities Grant towards the cost of providing adaptations and facilities to enable the disabled person to continue to live there. 

An applicant can be either the owner of the dwelling or be a tenant.  Homeowners will be required to provide proof of ownership and permission from the landlord would be required for work to a tenanted property.  The amount awarded is calculated using a government means test to calculate any contribution to be made by the applicant and will take into account your income, savings and assets.

Works that may qualify are those which adapt properties to enable easier access for a disabled person such as widening doors, improving lighting/heating, making things easier to reach and to provide space enough for a carer to assist with day to day living.

If you think you may require a Disabled Facilities Grant you should either contact the Grants Helpline at New Forest District Council or the Occupation Therapy Section of Social Services at the numbers given below.  An Occupational Therapist will make an assessment of any needs and make a referral to the Council for a grant.

For further advice please contact either New Forest District Council on 023 8028 5151 or Hampshire Social Services Occupational Therapy Department on 0300 555 1378

Updated: 20 Mar 2019
Powered by GOSS iCM