Search site

Council tax - Further advice

teal bullet  Do you receive a council tax reduction?

Tell us about any change in your circumstances as soon as possible so the amount you receive is correct.  Changes include if you stop working, move home or get a pay rise.  A full list, more information and an online form is available here


teal bullet  Do you receive a Single Person Discount?

If you get a 25% single person discount (this will be shown on your bill) and someone else aged 18 or over is living in your home, it is important that you tell us.

The change may have occurred because:

•  A child has turned 18

•  A child who is 18 or over is no longer in educatio

•  A partner or friend is now living with you

If a child has turned 18 and is still in full time education at school or college (e.g. studying A levels or a BTEC course), you will still receive a council tax discount equivalent to the single person discount.

To tell us about a change, please contact us at:

01590 646111


teal bullet  Are you struggling to pay your council tax?


If you have difficulties paying your council tax, it is important you contact us straight away.

We may be able to spread your payments, agree a weekly payment plan or check if you are entitled to Council Tax Reduction.


teal bullet  Universal Credit

Universal Credit, introduced by the Department for Work and Pensions, is designed to support working age people who are on a low income or out of work.


teal bullet  Council tax online forms

Set up a monthly direct debit

Apply for a single person discount

Tell us if you move home

Tell us about a change in your circumstances


teal bullet  Ways to contact us

Council Tax:

01590 646111



01590 646121



Updated: 12 Feb 2019
Powered by GOSS iCM