Search site

Who to contact

Flooding from ordinary watercourses or piped watercourses

Hampshire County Council
Phone: 01962 846730

New Forest District Council
Phone: 02380 285000

Flooding from main rivers

Environment Agency
Main rivers are usually larger streams and rivers which are shown on the EA website.

The Environment Agency also issues flood alerts and has information on how to prepare for flooding online and on Twitter@EnvAgencySE, or you can sign up for automatic updates via Flood Information Service .

Flooding from public sewers (foul and surface water sewers)

Wessex Water Services Ltd. (Ringwood, Fordingbridge and Surrounding Areas)

0345 600 4600 (8am - 6pm, Mon - Fri, emergency service at other times)
0345 850 5959 (24 hours) if your property is flooded with sewage

Southern Water Services Ltd (Rest of New Forest Area)
0845 278 0845

Flooding from the highway (roads)

Hampshire County Council
Phone: 0845 6035633

Severe Internal Flooding Of Property

Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service
Phone: 999

Met Office0870 900 0100
Floodline 0845 988 1188
National Flood Forum01299 403055
Hampshire Police101 or 999 in an emergency
Assoc. of British Insurers020 7600 3333
Highways England0300 123 5000
Health Protection Agency01235 822 603/742
Help the Aged0800 169 6565
Public Health England - Extreme Weather Events & Natural Disasters01235 825406/405

Radio Solent 96.1 and 103.8 FM

Wave FM 105.2 FM

Coast FM 106 and 106.6 FM

Heart 97.5 and 96.7 FM

Updated: 21 Jan 2019
Powered by GOSS iCM