Search site

Accessible housing and access to benefits

 Woman New Forest District council directly manages over 5000 properties across the district.  Ensuring our Landlord policies and practices promote accessibility is important to us.

The council can provide grants to individuals to help towards the cost of providing adaptations and facilities to enable a person with disabilities to continue to live in their own home (whether rented or privately owned).

We also provide assistance, if required, to disabled residents with claiming Housing benefits and Council Tax relief.  This can be either a home visit or working with third parties (carers, social workers).

Housing Advice

Disabled Facilities Grants

Benefits Advice

For more information on Housing, Disabled Grants and Housing benefits please call 02380 285588 or visit a local council office near you, click on this link for a list of council offices and opening times: List of council offices

Updated: 22 Dec 2015
Powered by GOSS iCM