Search site

Challenge against the issue of a Penalty Charge Notice

Because all matters relating to a Penalty Charge Notice can lead to a debt being registered at the County Court, they have a legal significance.  For this reason all appeals must be submitted in writing (this includes submission of the adobe icon Penalty Charge Notice Challenge Form [47kb] ).

You can challenge online or adobe icon print a challenge form [47kb] and post the completed form to the below address:

New Forest District Council
Parking Office
Town Hall
Avenue Road
SO41 9ZG

All challenges will be considered. The Council will write and inform you if the challenge has been successful or not.  If it has been rejected, we will allow you 14 days from the date of our reply to pay at the reduced charge.

If a challenge is not received within 14 days of the issue of a Penalty Charge Notice the full charge will apply.

If you do not submit a challenge, your challenge is rejected or you do not pay the charge a Notice to Owner will be served to the registered owner of the vehicle. The owner can then make representations to the Council and may appeal to an independent adjudicator if those representations are rejected. The Notice to Owner will contain instructions for doing this.

For further information please call 023 8028 5000 or email

Updated: 26 Jan 2015
Powered by GOSS iCM